Welcome to Essential Images. I’m Kate, designer, owner, shipper, accountant and all-around general worker bee the buck stops with me. Here you will find basic info about working with me and, especially, the custom design process. If you don’t see answers to your questions here, please don’t hesitate to email me (email@example.com), this is my sole business and I’m here 24/7 to answer your questions and work with you on your wedding project.
The Custom Wedding Invitation Process:
Procedure: Each suite of custom Wedding Invitations, Save the Dates or Shower invitations designed for you is a unique project. Outlined below is the basic step-by-step procedure, however, I will work with you to make your project unique and personal. Contact me with any questions even before we begin; I want you to feel 100% comfortable with the process right from the start.
1. Contact me to begin your custom design; I will set up a project for you. The items listed in my shop are all samples. I suggest buying a sample before you commit to purchasing. Nothing online can equal holding the real thing in your hand. When you see something on this site that interests you, just go over to my Etsy.com shop for all the details about that particular design.
2. Next, contact me with all your project details — quantity, wording, font and color choices. I will give you a project quote and require a 10% deposit at this time.
3. Once I have all your details and deposit, I will create and send you a pdf proof within 3-4 business days.
4. We will work through two rounds of revisions to ensure everything is just as you want it. Each additional revision is $15. Proof, proof, proof as there are no returns or exchanges on custom orders.
5. When you are completely satisfied that the project is exactly as you want, you give the approval to print. At this time full payment is required for me to begin printing your order.
6. Once you give me approval to print, I order supplies (if necessary) and begin printing and assembling your order. Depending on the need for supplies, the project should ship within two weeks.
Additional Reception Cards, Map Cards, Travel Info Cards or other inserts: If you’d like an insert card such as a map, directions or travel information, RSVP sized cards (4.25” x 5.5”) are $1.00 each. If your order includes a map, please provide your own map image file.
Materials: I use the highest quality cardstock for all my stationery, and as much recycled, eco-friendly stock as possible. Envelopes have a straight flap or I will use a Euro flap (or V-flap) for an additional $0.25 each.
Color: When I sit down to design I pay plenty of attention to the colors I use and exactly how I use them; I love playing with color! However, I know that I have color bias and gravitate toward certain color families (reds, oranges, greens!) and that you, my client, want your own color personality to shine in your special piece — wedding invitations above all must reflect you. Therefore, all of my designs can be adapted to your specific color preferences. I use the Pantone Matching System as my color guide so you can choose from thousands of glorious colors; go to http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm to view the PMS color chart when looking for your perfect color — the 3- or 4-digit number to the left of the color swatch is the color ID number. (dork alert: the PMS chart is used by printers all over the globe and each number has an exact formula so the color is uniform whether printed in Hong Kong or New York.)
Timing: Since the entire process usually can take 3-5 weeks, take that into consideration when ordering. If you need it faster, contact me to order rush processing and/or to upgrade to express shipping.
I accept payment by Paypal. With custom orders a deposit is required to begin work and payment is required when you approve the final proof. Massachusetts residents add the 6.25% state sales tax.
My standard shipping for wedding invitation suites is USPS (U.S. Postal Service) Priority Mail with delivery within 2-3 days and for samples and small packs USPS first class. Shipping include cost of shipping materials, insurance and postage fees. I personally handle each shipment with care so it arrives safely. Contact me to discuss insurance or overnight shipping or other options before I give you a firm quote. International shipping is available, contact me and we can work it out.
refunds and exchanges
Due to the nature of the business, personalized stationery/wedding stationary cannot be refunded or exchanged. I strongly urge a shipping method that includes tracking. Most important, once payment is made, NO CHANGES can be made to the product as it will have already gone to print, so PROOF, PROOF, PROOF.
I respect your privacy completely. This policy applies to all customers and any other parties with respect to information that is gathered on this site. Any and all information collected on this site will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared, sold, reused, rented, disclosed, or loaned without your specific, written permission.